We filter every ministry, idea, and budget request through our mission statement,
"To lead people to become mature disciples of Jesus, who love God and others."
This mission is based upon two teachings of Jesus:
- Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:18-20)
- "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:36-39)
We exist to lead people to become mature disciples of Jesus by helping them:
God wants us to do more than just practice religion. He wants to have a relationship with us! Our SUNDAY SERVICES focus on building that relationship through worship and engaging in His Word. These services are also a safe place to invite others to explore how they can know God too!
As we get to know each other, we grow in our love for each other. Connecting with others in SMALL GROUPS is a practical and enjoyable way for you to build meaningful relationships, find support and encouragement, and experience spiritual growth. We are better together!
We are all an important part of God’s plan, and our lives will never make sense until we discover and live out our purpose. No matter who you are or where you've been, there's always a NEXT STEP. One of our key steps is GROWTH TRACK, which you can go through from comfort of your home!
God’s ultimate plan for each of us is to make a difference in others’ lives. When we do, we will experience joy and fulfillment. By joining a TEAM, you connect to an opportunity where you can live out your calling by using your gifts and talents to serve others in the church and the community.!
Love of Christ Church has a vision from God from Isaiah 60:22:
“‘The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation. I am the Lord; in its time I will do this swiftly.’” God went on to clarify, “One day Love of Christ Church will have over a thousand attending every weekend, and never limit what I will do through those who believe.”
We have a very specific assignment from God to, "Take Delaware for Jesus."
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we will pray fervently, plan strategically, give sacrificially, work diligently, and love unconditionally like Jesus, as we plant new campuses within a 30-minute drive of everyone in Delaware. We will take “The First State” for Jesus, until the love of Christ transforms the culture of this state and paves the way for a spiritual revival of the USA.
God also told us to adopt India as part of our church family.
Therefore, we will continually train and support Indian pastors in the planting of churches until India is worshiping Jesus.
We will give ourselves to this vision with unwavering commitment because the Church is God’s only plan for the salvation of the world.
Following is a list of core cultural values that guide all decisions and actions:
- We change our methods as needed to achieve our unchanging mission.
- We teach and live out the Bible as our final authority.
- We please God and accomplish His mission over pleasing people.
- We create environments that communicate Jesus in a doctrinally pure and culturally relevant way.
- We lead everyone to follow Jesus' commands and use their unique gifting to accomplish God's vision.
- We design ministry around small groups and teams where transparency, community, and life-change flourish.
- We pray about everything, ask for God's wisdom, follow His leading, and never doubt or waiver.
- We lead boldly, passionately, and humbly.
- We honor and work for diversity.
- We love and respect everyone in our church like family.
- We demonstrate wise, generous, frugal, and accountable handling of money.
- We take risks to accomplish our mission with excellence, accepting mistakes, but quickly make changes to correct, when realized.